Wednesday 19 February 2014

London Fashion Week AW14, My Favourites!

Following London Fashion Week is one of the highlights of my year, it makes me proud to be British in particular and it is lovely to see new and up and coming designers collections growing and developing. However I do love the anticipation of seeing your more established brands' collections and wondering what new concepts they are going to present!

You know its a good collection when you are excited for the season to arrive to embrace the new fashions. My strongest favourite collection was by far Vivienne Westwood's Red Label. Here is a few of my favourite pieces from the collection with a few phrases that come to mind....



I absolutely love how she has embraced the Hollywood Glamour era within this collection using strong masculine tailoring with sexy, confident twists with the flashes of gorgeous red and fabulous high waistlines to accentuate the female form. I love the preppy style that has been carried through the past few seasons and combined with the contrasting pinstripes and red lipstick - I can see this style being adored within AW14.

Moving on, my other favourite is a relatively new and up and coming designer Barbara Casasola who is a Brazilian born, London based designer. She has worked for Roberto Cavalli as well as fulfilling assisgnments with Lanvin and See by Chloe before starting her own collection a few years back. Her collections I believe always exert her inner Brazilian-ness (if there is such a word) with a strong feminine flair without being flowery and frilly and also had a strong sexyness to it with the daring sheer panels. Love this collection! The purple tones are just to die for! Here are a few of my favourite pieces from her AW14 collection.....




So ladies, don't trade in your boyfriend blazers and jackets yet - they will be in full swing in AW14 and absolutely jump on the sheer detailing this summer to take you through to your winter wardrobe! 

Alsoooo please let me know...what all your favourites were at London Fashion Week? Please do share and comment and let me know your thoughts!

Happy Hump Day peeps! 

Dani Rose

[ablondestatement]

x

* All images taken from the London Fashion Week Website - http://www.londonfashionweek.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting...I will reply as soon as I can! <3

Please follow me by clicking the links at the side of the page. x