Saturday 8 February 2014

Floral Kimono and Cocktail hour - good mix !

Last night, I had the pleasure of attending one of my best friend's birthday celebration dinner! It's not very often we all get together as we all lead such busy lives but whenever dinner and cocktails is on the cards we all make the effort and come together for sure !

I often find mid-week drinks is a hard one to dress for, especially when you still want to look like you have made an effort but not be too over dressed! I also think that in the winter it can be difficult to dress up effortlessly compared to the summer because of how freeking freezing it is outside and the amount of layers you have to put on! Who says looking like a sumo wrestler with numerous layers can't look sexy?!

So I decided to put together an outfit that I would generally wear during the day, but team with ankle strap sandals, a clutch bag and of course a pair of eyelashes never go a miss !






Pink Necklace - New Look -£5.99 (not online but in store)
Strappy Heels - Ebay (Similiar Here)
Top - H&M (old)
Clutch - Next (my mums)

Firstly, excuse the pouty mcpouter here...yes it is embarassing, but like all girls the typical duck face somehow makes me look a bit better than a big cheesy grin when taking selfies haha!

I absolutely loved this outfit. I cannot get enough of all the beautiful pastel shades that are in just now. Especially the baby pink shades which have definitely added a brightness to my winter wardrobe. I really liked this kimono as soon as I spotted it in my work, New Look. Firstly because it is black, it will really go with anything and regardless of what time of year it is, florals will always be in style! I think it looks perfect for going on holiday or to a festival? Team with denim shorts, a crop top , wellies and a fedora hat and you would be perfect for T in the Park festival! However a few girls at work first thought it looked like a fancy dressing gown but as you can see when it is on, it definitely doesn't look like that! Regardless I LOVE it anyway!

I also never have these mom jeans off, they are perfect for going out for dinner as I have a little extra room to scoff my face and they look fab dressed up or down! I definitely need to invest in another pair...ebay here I come! 

Well I hope ya'll have a great weekend, I was out last night and I am still in my pyjamas at 2pm so I really need to get a wriggle on! 

If you haven't done so already, please check out my instagram and give me a follow, you can see more pics of the "behind the scenes" of my daily activities here...mostly involving cups of tea and my dog Alfie!

Have a good one !

DR
[ablondestatement]

x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting...I will reply as soon as I can! <3

Please follow me by clicking the links at the side of the page. x