Wednesday 5 February 2014

Chanel Lift Lumiere and Soliel Tan Review (Makeup)

If you are like me, and no matter how settled you are with your foundation/mascara, you often get the urge to change it up a bit and try something new. I am not sure if it is down to boredom of the product but regardless I always find a way to convince myself that "I am in need of a good foundation, this one just isn't great".

Soooo I found myself convinced of this, and next thing I know I am lingering about a Chanel counter, telling myself I am not going to buy anything, yet I find myself spending more than I budgeted for! I just cannot resist splurging on makeup...even if it is going to make me a poor little lady, at least I will be a poor lady with "flawless" skin! I bought two things from Chanel...here they are here





I decided Chanel, simply because my last foundation was the Vital Lumiere foundation by Chanel. I did really like this makeup however after a few hours I found that because it was so light and sheer, it would have slid of my face and vanished. Not the ideal look, especially with my ghostly complexion.

I then explained my problems to the Chanel consultant and she recommended trying the Lift Lumiere Foundation. This foundation is tended to be for more mature skin, to conceal and smooth lines with its silky texture, giving a satin finish. As you may be aware I am not a mature gal, however the firming and smoothing ingredient, I believe would be useful for anyone who suffers from uneven skin tone. 

I like lightweight foundations that 1. Don't slide of my face but 2. Looks like I have makeup on but without making me look caked and chalky. This foundation does the trick! It has a lovely pump for easy application, a little goes a long way and it gives my skin an almost dewy appearance without looking shiny. 

At £38 it is slightly expensive for a student budget, however I don't mind saving a few pennies to have a nice complexion, and when it lasts a while that is even better!

My second item is the Soleil Tan De Chanel! I loveeeee this item! After reading a few reviews I was skeptical that a cream-gel base would be effective at staying put on my complexion. However this product is fantastic for so many things. If you just want a small bit of colour and to wear no foundation, this is perfect for blending into your complexion to give you a natural looking tan anywhere, from your cheeks, neck or decolletage. 


I personally use this to contour after applying my foundation, to add structure and definition to my features. However this will be a little gem in the summer; if you are like me and your body tans, but your face doesn't, a small dusting of this product will go for miles and will give a gorgeous tan complexion that matches your body! Hooray!

It is priced at £31 which I think is very reasonable for the size of the tub and how little you have to use. A definite makeup bag must have! 

Anyway, I hope this review is useful for anyone that is considering using these products.

Please feel free to leave a comment if you would like me to review it further!

I am considering filming my application of this product so you can have a better understanding of how it is applied. If you would be interested please let me know by commenting below too!


I have many more beauty products to show you, so watch this space!

Much Love

DR
[ablondestatement]
x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting...I will reply as soon as I can! <3

Please follow me by clicking the links at the side of the page. x