Thursday 13 February 2014

Clarins Instant Smooth Self Tanning Review

If like me, you have been subjected to walking around with milk bottle skin in the winter, and cannot take your unhealthy complexion any longer, well I have found a little product that could help. 

At the minute, I simply cannot be bothered applying fake tan unless I am going out for a night of dancing in small little outfits! Also to be quite frank it is a bit of a hassle at night, it ruins my crisp white bed sheets, and it is slightly expensive to fake tan regularly! So as an alternative I have been using Garnier Summer Body moisturiser. 


If I am being honest, I had never used this product before and it was a bit of an impulse purchase as it was right next to the till when I was buying my usual toiletries at boots. However I have been pleased with it. For a mere £5 it does what it says on the bottle without leaving me smelling like a curry! It is a nice consistency moisturiser, making it easy to quickly rub in and it absorbs quickly so perfect for chucking your clothes on in the morning! It leaves a lovely "sunkissed" glow - probably not the darkest gradual tanning moisturiser but it definitely takes away my blueish, white winter skin haha!

So as a result of using this, my face was remaining paler and paler. There is only so much bronzer a girl can put on without looking like an oompa loompa so I decided to invest in a gradual tanner for my face. The reason I don't put fake tan on my face is because I find it normally blocks my pores, leaving me with big beastly spots (which I don't normally get) and I think nothing is worth that!

I always use Clarins moisturising products on my face so my natural decision was to test one of their gradual face tanners out. After a few google reviews, I was convinced on buying the Instant Smooth Self Tanner. Once it arrived I was so excited to try it. It is a lovely consistency, almost feels like the Benefit Porefessional or Smashbox Primer, smooth, thick and soft. It smells really fruity and summery and a little goes a long way.


I applied this after moisturising but before applying my foundation. I think this product would work well as a primer as it smooths out any lumps or bumps and my foundation has stayed put quite nicely. After a day of wearing it, I removed my makeup hoping to notice a change in colour of my complexion but unfortunately I still looked my pale self. I decided to put some on before going to sleep and see if it makes a difference in the morning.

As a result I woke up with a nice little glow on my face. It gives you a very subtle glow but is enough to take the paleness away from your face and allow for your makeup to go on without there being a contrast between your neck and face.

I highly recommend this for someone who has a little extra money and would like to splurge out on a product that is good for your skin and gives you a gradual glow. However I think if you are looking for an instantly darker complexion then you may have to look elsewhere or get a darker foundation.

I hope this helps! <3

Dani Rose

[ablondestatement]

x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting...I will reply as soon as I can! <3

Please follow me by clicking the links at the side of the page. x