Monday 27 January 2014

Uni Style - Reuse and Revamp!

Today was my first day back at University after my Christmas exams over a week ago. It seems like such a long time since I had been there for classes, that I had forgotten what people wear to uni...haha! 
As I reminded myself, anything at uni goes really...however I believe it doesn't hurt to make a little bit of an effort ( I am a fashion student afterall) haha!

So after a few days of looking through websites, blogs and magazines I came across brilliant new and exciting SS14 trends that I simply cannot wait to try out. However like everyone else in January, I am attempting to live a millionaires lifestyle on a students budget! Soooo I decided to compromise and wear clothes that I already had, adapt them slightly and add some cute accessories in an attempt to follow this seasons trends!

#1 STATEMENT COAT

I am in love with having a statement coat this season, it can really set off a cute outfit or hide an awful one when nipping to the shop for a loaf of bread so if you have any spare cash, invest in a coat that can be taken from winter to spring! 

There are cute options out there from cocoon , boyfriend, and duster coats/jackets however the main style tends to follow one that you can literally "throw on" and jazz up an outfit! There are some gorgeous coats available on Topshop as well as other various sites... one of my favourites being this beauty, just a collation of several trends in one, monochrome, pattern, and oversized!

Check it out here

I on the other hand, have decided to adapt my current winter jacket to be more "on trend" than spend moreeee money!! Hehe! 

I took this little beaut, and removed the fur to give it a more boyfriend, blazer feel!




I wore this to uni today and completely satisfied my need for a new jacket! Sooo maybe adapting, and adjusting your old clothes can be the way forward?!...

#2 FLASH OF MONOCHROME

Everywhere I look there is a bit of monochrome staring at me, whether it be stripes and spots or slogan tees. So I decided to take this baggy oversized jumper from New Look, and tuck it into my jeans and team it with a cute skinny belt for a casual look.

#3 IT'S ALL ABOUT DENIM

This season it is all about the denim, whether it be skinnys, mom jeans or shorts, wear denim for a laidback look during the day then team with heels at night for drinks.

I loved the ripped jeans look in this season, cute for showing a little bit flesh without having to shake of the layers!

#4 ACCESSORISE

To jazz up a borin outfit pop some bling on, I love any cheap little midi rings (because I loose them all) and my trusty old Michael Kors Watch! Cute but simple...


Jacket - Topshop (last season)
Jeans - New Look 
Bag - Marc Jacobs
Watch - Michael Kors

So reuse, adapt and jazz up your old winter outfits and add key statement pieces to make it look up to date and in season! 

much love,
DR
[ablondestatement]







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting...I will reply as soon as I can! <3

Please follow me by clicking the links at the side of the page. x