Monday 20 January 2014

Mac Pro Conceal and Correct Palette Review

Well I have become addicted....I didn't think it was possible to love ANOTHER product as much as I already love my makeup bag contents, but yes I have found a glorious product that I know I am going to have in my life for the foreseeable future...please welcome the fabulous Mac Pro Conceal and Correct Palette!

I must admit, although I am a big fan of Mac, like most girls; I have never been a massive fan of their foundations or concealers. However from time to time I would convince myself that I needed some Macness in my life, and on this occasion I decided to splurge out and "treat" myself to this product. 

I had been modelling at a photoshoot a few weeks prior to my purchase and the fantastic makeup artist used this product on me and it looked amazing so I was keen to try it out for myself! Ps you can see her fantastic blog here...I love her work! ...www.rubylilyloves.com

Anyway...I opted for the medium palette as although I am blonde I have quite warm/beige tones to my skin. I am glad I did as it was a perfect match!

Here is a picture I borrowed from google of the product to give you an idea of what it looks like...



This is the medium palette. As you can see it has six shades, and according to Mac this palette is...
"A professional palette of four Studio Finish Concealers - NC30, NW25, NC35, NW35 - and two Studio Finish Corrector shades in Mid-Yellow and Mid-Peach. Enriched with antioxidants and suited for all skin types, they can be used individually or combined to perfectly match any skin tone"

I wasn't disappointed!

This palette is perfect for anyone who likes to contour, has a few blemishes, or has dark circles under their eyes. The past few months my skin has been breaking out and I have had dark circles under my eyes due to stress with university and not sleeping as well as I should! This palette has been a little god send from heaven....I will explain why.

I tend to use the bottom two colours, the yellow and peach correctors before I put on my foundation. I use the yellow to cover any redness and I use the peach under my eyes to cover any darkness. After applying my foundation I would then use the top two concealers to conceal my problem areas further. The darker middle two I would then either mix with the others or use on their own to contour! 

It is a completely perfect little palette, and although I would have preferred if it was a tad on the bigger side to get more product...it is perfect to pop into ur handbag for any touch-ups during the day.

It is priced at £35 and although is on the expensive side, I think it is good value for money as I would normally pay that for a foundation, never mind 6 little mini concealers. It is also really good to try out and experiment with Macs concealers before you would buy the individual concealers. 

I really like this product. It is easy to use, and can be applied in many ways - it really is your preference and what you are used to. I personally prefer using my Benefit Cosmetics concealer brush to place the product on, then using a damp beauty blender I would blend it in with the pointed end of the sponge. BUT using your fingers is just as good as it warms the product up and therefore makes it easy to apply.

Here is my tools and palette here please excuse the grubbyness of them haha...you can see I have been using a lot of the peach corrector ( for those dark circles under my eyes hehe!) TIRED MUCH?!



Anyway, I would rate this an 8/10 - lovely little palette,

 could be slightly bigger for the price however cannot fault it!
Anyway I hope this was useful, any questions or comments please 

do leave below!

Ps here are the links to the products used above!




Much love
[ablondestatement]
x



1 comment:

Thank you for commenting...I will reply as soon as I can! <3

Please follow me by clicking the links at the side of the page. x